ACCIDENT PROCEDURES for Employees
Complete a WORKERS COMPENSATION CLAIM FORM and notify the UT HR Office within at least 24 hours of the injury so we may gather and process the injury claim with WCF.
If medical treatment is necessary:
- Go to the St. George WorkMed at 385 North 3050 East in St. George (just past Costco). Their operating hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
- If after hours, visit the River Road InstaCare at 577 River Road In St. George (Near St. George Regional Medical Center). Their operating hours are Sunday – Saturday, 8 am – 8 pm
Inform the WorkMed or the InstaCare staff you are an employee at Utah Tech University and about the injuring while at work. Upon the end of your medical treatment, return any documents back the Human Resources office.
** Special Note: Workers Compensation may deny the claim or the employee may be liable for part of the initial treatment costs, if protocol is not followed. Also, the Emergency Room should only be used if the injury is life-threatening or the injury occurred outside of WorkMed and InstaCare office hours.**
LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES
Call 911 immediately if the injuries are life threatening. For emergencies, contact the University Police at 911 and for non-emergency call dispatch at (435)627-4300. (Security – Lost & Found, Lock-outs, Jumpstarts, etc., call (435) 236-4000)
Start a Worker’s Compensation Claim
Instructions for successful submission:
- Please complete this form as fully as possible.
- Do not use dollar signs or commas in dollar amount fields. Decimals are okay.
- Example: 9.52 (not $9.52) or 25800 (not 25,800).
- If you are unsure what to enter in a field, or the field does not apply, leave it blank.
- Do not put zeros or “N/A” in date fields.
- If the field is required and does not apply enter “NONE”.
If you have any questions, please call the Human Resources office at: 435-652-7520.