Getting Started

We will need a few tasks completed and information from you. We require the following documents for those that are new to Utah Tech University, or if you are returning after a 12-month break. If you have any questions regarding the forms, contact Holly Bates in Human Resources at holly.bates@utahtech.edu or 435-879-4523.

We are excited to get you started as the latest member of the Trailblazer team!

As a helpful reference, download the Part-Time Instructor Checklist as a guide to ensure all employment forms are submitted to the Human Resources office. The department administrative assistant, or secretary may complete the form for the Part-Time Instructor.

Responsibilities for New Part-Time Instructor

Online Employment Application

All new part-time instructor are to complete the application, detailing general information.

Follow the instructions when completing. Answer all questions completely and correctly.

Utah Tech University no longer accepts paper employment applications.

Online Application

Background Check Authorization

Must be completed for all new and returning part-time instructor per University Policy 329 Criminal Background Checks.

Complete the form by answering all the questions completely and correctly. Then sign and date the form and return the form to hr@utahtech.edu.

Download PDF

Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9)

The I-9 form is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. Click here for instructions to complete Section 1.

New employees must bring their original unexpired acceptable documents into the Human Resources office. Any expired documents, copies, faxes, digital copies, or unacceptable documents cannot be accepted and will delay the process of payments.

For details about accepted documents, see the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Online I-9 Form

W-4 Tax Withholding

The W-4 tax allowances you claim determine the federal and state taxes that are withheld from your gross pay each pay period.

To determine the correct number of allowances you should claim on form W-4, complete the Personal Withholding Allowances Calculator provided by IRS.

Download PDF

Direct Deposit

Use the Utah Tech Direct Deposit Form to participate in the direct deposit program.

Deposits may be made to any bank or credit union checking or savings account. See University Policy 342 for additional information.

Bring a void check, or a deposit authorization from the bank

Download PDF

Transcript Request

Include the original Transcripts to include with the new hire packet.

List the date transcripts were ordered and send all transcripts to the University’s Human Resources Department.

Statement of Acknowledgement

University Policy 150 Addenda A: Minors and Vulnerable Adults on Campus

University Policy 302 Addenda C: Professional Boundaries in Relationships.

Employees are to review and submit the completed documents to the Human Resources office.

Download PDF

Professional Resume Request

Included a New or Updated Professional Resume


  • Health Insurance information (PDF): As part of the Affordable Care Act, employers are required to provide a notice of the availability of a Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage.
  • Vector Solutions Learning Management System, also known as SafeColleges Online Training: New and Returning employees are required to complete assigned Vector Solutions training. The safety of our students, staff, and faculty is of the utmost importance. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the Vector Solutions (formerly SafeColleges) online training system for our employees. Note, if the training is not completed 60 days after the hire date, a letter of non-compliance will be placed in the employee’s file. Enter your Digital ID and password to finish the training after your position is created. Questions or concerns regarding these trainings can be directed to either Missy Chavez (missy.chavez@utahtech.edu) or Travis Rosenberg (travis.rosenberg@utahtech.edu).

Staff Overload Teaching Authorization Form - Must complete each semester

For Exempt full-time University staff members teaching courses, you may request to be a Part-Time Instructor. To get started, complete the “Staff Overload Teaching Authorization Form” to start the process for each semester you plan on teaching part-time. Log into your NEOED (formerly NEOGOV) eForms account, complete the form online, and press submit as soon as possible. (Updated 3-2021)

neoED eforms

Any missing items will delay processing and confirmation, and Utah Tech will terminate an employee who fails to produce an acceptable document or documents, or an acceptable receipt for a document within three business days of the date employment begins. Thus, we appreciate your assistance when completing the employment forms promptly. Upon the successful completion of the new employee hiring process, you will have an email account created if you are new to Utah Tech University. Regularly check your University email account for important campus information.

Again, welcome to the Trailblazer team!


When do Part-Time Instructor Instructors get paid?

In the fall semester, Part-Time Instructor instructors get their first payment on September 15th and then get paid on the 15th and last day of each month until the 6th and final payment for the semester on December 15th.
In spring semester the first payment is on February 15th with payments continuing on the 15th and last day of each month. The final payment for the spring semester is on May 15th.

How do I get hired as an Part-Time Instructor

Each department handles the hiring of Part-Time Instructors within their departments.

How do I know what Part-Time Instructor positions are available?

Current part-time instructors are available at Utah Tech University. All these positions are benefits-ineligible, with hours limitations defined in University Policy 638 for part-time instructors. The department chairs and the Deans for each school are the best sources of information about available Part-Time Instructor positions.

As an Part-Time Instructor am I eligible for a Tuition Waiver?

During semesters in which you are working as an Part-Time Instructor you are allowed a tuition waiver of three credits or less. The tuition waiver can only be used once per academic calendar year. The tuition waivers do not extend to spouses or dependents of employees in this category and are non-transferable.

How do I get a University ID Card?

Obtain a faculty ID card in the Campus Store on the second floor of the Kenneth N. Gardner Student Center. You will get your picture taken and the card will serve as your ID card for a variety of university functions. There is a fee for a replacement card and you must report any lost or stolen cards to the university police department.


Office of Human Resources
Office: 435-652-7520
Fax: 435-656-4001
North Burns
225 S. University Avenue
St. George, UT 84770

Holly Bates

HR Support Specialist

Email: Holly.Bates@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-879-4523

Office: Burns North 152

Greg Esplin

Assistant Director of Human Resources

Email: gesplin@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-652-7503

Office: Burns North 145